The development of moped exhaust systems has been stagnating for what feels like decades.
So it was immediately clear to us: we needed a powerful, modern exhaust system for the Piaggio mopeds Made in Germany!
The goal to set a new benchmark has been successfully achieved after a lot of theoretical calculations, numerous production of exhaust system prototypes and hundreds of test bench runs.
The FalkR CIAO exhaust was able to clearly assert itself against the exhaust systems for mopeds available on the market.
Both in terms of performance potential, as well as through the perfect manufacturing quality and maximum fitting accuracy.
Thanks to the very elaborate and compact design, we have succeeded in making the exhaust system “universal” for almost all old Piaggio moped chassis, as well as various engine setups (Ciao, SI, Bravo, Citta and Boxer etc.). A galvanized steel mounting kit is used for this purpose, so that no new holes have to be drilled in the respective chassis.
Furthermore, the CIAO exhaust has a flange with Viton O-ring sealing – finally no more seeping and ripping off outlet flanges.
Another very important point in the development and design is the noise emission. No expense and effort was spared here!
The entire exhaust body is made of 1mm sheet steel and equipped with a very high quality aluminum silencer from M.R. Parts&Style.
The D60xL200mm silencer is filled with SilentSport Premium insulation wool.
To maintain the unique appearance of the welding colors, we recommend VHT FlameProof GSP115 Satin Clear Exhaust Coating
- the exhaust system was developed for all common engine setups (50-80cc) to set a new milestone in Ciao exhaust systems
- Performance on plug and play 6-8hp engines (e.g. DR63cc Evo, 13.13 carbs, original ignition), on heavily machined engines (e.g. Malossi 46.5mm, 21mm carbs, HPI internal rotor) up to 14-15hp possible!
- very complex, compact and universal layout. Supplied galvanized mounting kit provides mounting for Ciao, SI, Bravo, Citta, Boxer etc.
- first-class appearance due to perfect processing and TIG welding seams
- inconspicuous and raised exhaust design for maximum ground and curve clearance
- 1mm sheet steel and high quality screwable silencer Made in Germany for lower noise
- fits with main stand
- fits with pedal crank
- fits with ignition coil centered under the main stand (first series)
- fits with ignition coil on engine block
- 22mm plug flange with Viton O-ring groove
Scope of delivery:
- exhaust system made of 1mm steel plate, oiled
- short bracket for Ciao (galvanized)
- long bracket for SI, Citta, Bravo, Boxer (galvanized)
- 2x Viton/FKM/FPM O-rings (1x on replacement)
- 1x 55mm spring (galvanized)
- 1x 2mm graphite silencer flange gasket
- 1x stainless steel spring retaining sheet for mounting on the fan duct
- 1x M7 long nut (galvanized), for mounting the additional bracket on the cylinder head. The original nut on the stud bolt must be replaced by the long nut!
- 2x polyamide (PA) bushings for exhaust suspension and vibration decoupling
- high-quality aluminum silencer Made in Germany D60x200mm with SilentSport insulation wool
- other fastening material such as screws, washers etc.
- 43mm stroke (original) : Transferport 120-126°, Exhaustport 174-188° (*)
- 46mm stroke: Transferport 124-128°, Exhaustport 178-190° (*)
(*) depending on the desired peak performance
ATTENTION: Malossi MHR Big DEPS cylinders (outlet flange for clamping over steel plate) may require slight adjustments so that the exhaust can be fixed at all points. The attachment takes place here without the provided polyamide bushes, since the exhaust channel is differently positioned, like with the usual moped cylinders! You also need a M6 long nut to fix the exhaust to the stud.
The delivered parts are not approved for public road traffic and may only be used for sports and racing purposes.